Cinnamon Apple Cake
This recipe is a real family heirloom, too good to be kept a family secret! I have fond memories of walking into my grandmother’s kitchen, the air filled with the scent of cinnamon and apples and I knew something delicious was baking in the oven
100 g butter
1 ½ dl caster sugar
4 dl plain flour
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla sugar
1 cup milk
- Heat the oven to 200ºC. Grease a 30 cm cake tin, then line it with baking paper.
- In a bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg.
- Mix flour, vanilla sugar and baking powder together, add to the butter, sugar and egg and mix.
- Add the milk and mix.
- Spoon the cake batter into the prepared tin and set aside.
- Peel the apples, cut into wedges and remove the core.
- Put the apple pieces in a bowl add sugar and cinnamon and coat the apple pieces thoroughly.
- Put the apple pieces on top of the cake batter and press into the batter.
- Place the cake on the middle shelf and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Leave to cool.
- Dust with icing sugar before serving.